Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Waning Moon, 4th October

JamesF

Had to wait until gone midnight last night for the cloud to clear so I sat outside listening to the rain dripping off the trees whilst taking the subs for this. The seeing seemed very good in terms of transparency, but equally unstable. I shot 120 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO400 using the 450D and 127 Mak, fed them through PIPP and stacked 58 in Registax v6 then tweaked levels a little to brighten the image.

moon-2012-10-04-small.png

James

You may need to think about mounts if you're getting a Mak. The much longer focal length and narrower field of view really shows up the wobbles if it's at all under-mounted. It's a great scope for viewing and imaging solar system objects with though. I've had a lot of fun with mine.

James

I love it myself, I like the amount of detail and looks natural :)

I wish I could get that kind of detail myself.

I'd have thought you should be able to, Cath. I'm only using a 450D and 127 Mak. I'd imagine putting the 500D on the back of the 6SE should achieve similar results.

James

I'd have thought you should be able to, Cath. I'm only using a 450D and 127 Mak. I'd imagine putting the 500D on the back of the 6SE should achieve similar results.

The main problem is having the chance to get my telescope out, it's been 20 years since I last had a telescope, I get a nice new 6SE earlier this year and have only had it out about 6 times in all either to lack of decent weather or due to circumstances at home which prevent me.

One day though :) .. or rather evening ;)

Archived