NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31

Chris

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good Chris. It's quite hard to process without over exposing the core isn't it.

Hi Andy, thats for sure I was playing with the core for a while, really enjoyed stretching the histogram on this one though I just kept on getting more and more out of it, it was difficult to know when to call it a day. Also the more you push the saturation the better it seems to get I ended up with my saturation at 25 in DSS, a very different experience to other objects I've processed so far. I really should get photoshop at some point though:D

That is amazing!

All these great images I see on this website... makes me want a DSLR!

Thanks matey, DSLR's are really great, you can pick up a second hand Canon for around 120 quid but I probably shouldn't be telling you this as I know your saving for an 8" Dob :D

Looks great from where I'm sitting mate, a good balance of showing the dust lane detail without blowing the core, well done!

Stan :cool:

Hey Stan, good to hear from you matey:) Thanks I really enjoyed this one even though 90% of the processing was done in DSS due to my Corrupt Paint Shop software:( I've had two sessions on it so far and I'm hoping to add one more to try and get the dust lanes popping out a bit more:)

You been upto much recently?

Hey Stan, good to hear from you matey:) Thanks I really enjoyed this one even though 90% of the processing was done in DSS due to my Corrupt Paint Shop software:( I've had two sessions on it so far and I'm hoping to add one more to try and get the dust lanes popping out a bit more:)

You been upto much recently?

M31 is a [removed word] to get that outer detail. Whilst the other editing programs are ok I would really recommend you get yourself a copy a photoshop mate, its an awesome bit of kit, I consider it as important as the camera itself! I've not been up to much really, especially with regards to the hobby, just been waiting for the darker nights to roll in, I can't cope with the lack of sleep that summer imaging brings, At least now we can be set up and ready to roll at around 9:00pm on. I have loads of planned imaging projects for the autumn/winter season so i'll probably be around on here regularly from now.....

Stan

M31 is a [removed word] to get that outer detail. Whilst the other editing programs are ok I would really recommend you get yourself a copy a photoshop mate, its an awesome bit of kit, I consider it as important as the camera itself! I've not been up to much really, especially with regards to the hobby, just been waiting for the darker nights to roll in, I can't cope with the lack of sleep that summer imaging brings, At least now we can be set up and ready to roll at around 9:00pm on. I have loads of planned imaging projects for the autumn/winter season so i'll probably be around on here regularly from now.....

Stan

Removed word! :eek:

Archived