x16 600s unbinned OIII

x16 600s unbinned SII

x10 flats in each filter

x41 1200s darks

Telescope: Takahashi Epsilon-180 ED

Camera: Atik 4000 Mono with EFW2

Mount: NEQ6

Guiding: Atik Titan on Altair 10x60 finderguider

Thanks Tom - HOO has, for a long time, been my personal favourite, I think because it seems to present the most "natural" look (whatever that means, with objects so faint that visually they just look like green fuzzy things). This time, however, I thought I'd have a crack at Hubble since I've finally - sort of - got a grasp of how to generate them. And I do appreciate their ability to display the regions of different elements more clearly.

Thank you Martyn, Andy and Fay, I'm glad you like them, although I'm now torn a little between which one to work on. Ah well, it's raining, I guess I can work on them all. :D

Thanks alpal for your constructive suggestion. Not really tried star masks yet. I've had a look at your Flickr, and since your processing skills clearly do star colours justice, maybe if I put the images onto DropBox you wouldn't mind having a look at them for me? It'd be really helpful.

Thank you Martyn, Andy and Fay, I'm glad you like them, although I'm now torn a little between which one to work on. Ah well, it's raining, I guess I can work on them all. :D

Thanks alpal for your constructive suggestion. Not really tried star masks yet. I've had a look at your Flickr, and since your processing skills clearly do star colours justice, maybe if I put the images onto DropBox you wouldn't mind having a look at them for me? It'd be really helpful.

Hi there,

Thanks for the compliment.

I now try to get the star colours to appear.

There is a simple tutorial on youtube which will help you.

see link:

I hope that helps?

cheers

Allan

That's very interesting - thank you very much :) I have a few images absolutely cluttered with stars that could do with that treatment.

Hi Gina,

It's the only way to go -

otherwise all the stars end up all white - you lose the colour.

cheers

Allan

Archived