Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASDA £2.93 webcam

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just picked up a webcam from ASDA for £2.93. I just thought ah whats the harm in 3 quid. The picture quality seems to be quite good cant wait to see how it performs on the scope :D
Thanks Jordan for the great tip-off - but think you may have been done - just bought last two in my local Asda for £1.46 each eg half price :eek: Plug an' play with 1st sample pic full size below :) I'll report in due course re astro use. Thanks again for post :rolleyes:

PS Amcap controls the webcam nicely !

post-33671-133877765289_thumb.jpg

post-33671-133877765293_thumb.jpg

my mate works in an electronics factory, they make them for japan, now they are currently making transoformers that go into the wall socket for cat 5/6 cables so the hotel rooms can have a computer with no need to have any power plugs as it goes through the cables

each circuate board costs the company roughly 50p - £1 to make, by time you count in making wages and everything its more like £2 shipping £2.50

i remember reading a while ago that a $300 ipod classic costs $30 to make

some things in the world of asda dont make sence, but sometimes its best not to question it :) as iv seen bottles of coke cola, 70p each or 2 for £2,

Thanks Jordan for the great tip-off - but think you may have been done - just bought last two in my local Asda for £1.46 each eg half price :eek: Plug an' play with 1st sample pic full size below :) I'll report in due course re astro use. Thanks again for post :rolleyes:

PS Amcap controls the webcam nicely !

no problem. i wanted to try it out tonight but right now its pouring down ! :D

I don't normally bother looking in the computer isle at the local ASDA,but for that cheap, I think I'll grab one when I go shopping later !

And yes, it's absolutely tipping it down here right now as well, with brilliant sunshine! Hopefully it will rain itself out and we can have some clear skies tonight (unlike last night)

Removed two screws holding cam together and was hoping my 1-1/4" to C mount would screw directing into cam lens thread but no :) cam thread is much smaller!

Pics of inside below - the build is very good - round IR block filter behind lens :rolleyes:. Chip imaging area ~3.5mm x 2.5mm for 640 x 480 res - I think.

post-33671-13387776533_thumb.jpg

Archived