Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Nebula (M42)

Well, I know it doesn't compare with the remarkable images of M42 on the rest of this forum, but, hey, it's my Orion Nebula!

Captured with a Pentax K20D DSLR at the prime focus of an alt az mounted Celestron CPC925GPS with an f6.3 focal reducer. Taken not longer after sundown on Sunday April 3 at around 20:00 BST.

8 images and 1 dark frame captured at ISO 800 for 20 seconds, stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and post processed in PaintShop ProX.

Until I go back to an equatorial mount (or get a wedge), I guess this is the best I will be able to do, but I like it :icon_eek:

Thanks for looking,

Brinders

post-13640-133877558443_thumb.jpg

That's not half bad B....You've got loads of nebulosity and unlike my effort haven't overcooked the core loosing the trapezium.

If you get a chance shoot a load more darks and you'll be amazed how much smoother the noise is.

Well done!

very nice shot. I'm thinking I may try to give it another go myself. 20 seconds seems to have left the core not over exposed which is nice. I'm been doing 60 - 120 seconds of orion and m42 always looks like a piece of popcorn. :D

Archived