Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn,Storm,Moons + a Star 28.3.11 127Mak

AztecastroMcJ

sky conditions were better than average last week ,

stars i haven't seen for months were out shining bright, just wish i'd set up bit earlier

1st Saturn image is 2nd avi out of three i got when Saturn was only 28 degrees at time,

the top yellow versions are Reg5 stack while bottom are Reg6 stack both were tweaked in gimp afterwards

1st try with reg6 but looks good

noise reduction for all wavelets looks really usefull

2nd shows 4 brightest moons and fairly low mag 10.95 Star,

i thought, and was kind of hoping this was a moon when i 1st seen it,

but after checking realised it was just an apparently close Star(6arc mins approx or 1/10degree)

which is, no doubt, in reality, light years away :icon_eek:

for 3d perspective Titan and Tethys are in orbit behind Saturn

while Rhea and Dione are in orbit before Saturn

3rd pic attachment is winjupos map with reg6 pic showing recent serpent storm,

bit better than my last map as main bright area of storm is more central

more details see pics

James

post-16858-133877557755_thumb.jpg

post-16858-13387755776_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877557762_thumb.jpg

Love that image with Saturn and the 4 moons + star James..!:rolleyes::icon_eek:

And looking at your info it's sobering to realize that with Saturn at opposition right now, it is still considerably less apparent diameter across the rings than Jupiter is/was at opposition across its' disk....!:D

Love your presentation James! Are you using auto white balance on those yellow Saturns?

cheers Stuart

i dont use auto rgb when capturing i use R n B sliders, auto rgb with spc on Saturn u will get overblue rings etc

i use auto rgb in registax but often tweak its results as it normally overcompensates blue i've found

i've also started messing with registax colour mixing tab, turn blue channel down to lowest as this is always worst channel for noise

when viewing Saturn at EP i see main colour as yellow/white/pink

the N section is darker blue/green and there are brown or red bands visible,

i'm not to bothered or worried about showing a yellowish Saturn as i think its close to the actual colour anyway,

turning Saturation done on capture and even when processed can help get more natural colour but then it seems bit dull and washed out

also seperate rgb levels or curves in gimp can be adjusted aswell

thx again James

A very nice set of images James. I like the moons shot.

How do you do that ?

cheers

Spike

thx, i capture moons without barlow and using full gain with bit of gamma,

focus needs to be good to get less bright moons but u should get brightest Titan fairly easily

i capture for about 50sec - 80 sec so when stacking it smooths noise out,

u need to be pretty agressive with wavelets to get fainter ones to show :icon_eek:

i then use my 2.5x Saturn pic and scale size to match overexposed shot of saturn and simply copy proper Saturn over top

cheers James

cheers Stuart

i dont use auto rgb when capturing i use R n B sliders, auto rgb with spc on Saturn u will get overblue rings etc

i use auto rgb in registax but often tweak its results as it normally overcompensates blue i've found

i've also started messing with registax colour mixing tab, turn blue channel down to lowest as this is always worst channel for noise

when viewing Saturn at EP i see main colour as yellow/white/pink

the N section is darker blue/green and there are brown or red bands visible,

i'm not to bothered or worried about showing a yellowish Saturn as i think its close to the actual colour anyway,

turning Saturation done on capture and even when processed can help get more natural colour but then it seems bit dull and washed out

also seperate rgb levels or curves in gimp can be adjusted aswell

thx again James

Thanks for the info James. Interesting what you say about blue increasing noise. I had noticed that when I increased blue to prevent yellow.

Archived