Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mercury Systems Support / visual back?

Hi all,

I am trying to find the website for Mercury Systems / Mercury Systems Support / MSS as I need a replacement visual back for my MaxVision 10" newt.

Can seem to find them on the web - they are invisible to Bing and Google!

Anyone know if they are still around and if they have a web presence?

Failing that, any other suppliers of obscure VBs?

Thanks in advance, Ian

Visual back? Are you using the right terminology there. Visual backs are used on Cassegrain type telescopes.

Peter

Sorry, no you're right.

I am actually looking for a t-thread adapter that will screw directly on to the draw tube of the focuser, but was told that MSS might do these as well as VBs. Apols for the confusion.

I think Mercury went bust back in 2004. You might try scopestuff in the USA. They have most things but delivery can take over a month. Items leave the USA within 24 hours but can take 4 or 5 weeks to move through customs in the UK and you will be taxed almost the value of the item for the third world service you receive:eek:. I like to call it legal theft.

As you may have guessed from my rant, I am still awaiting a small part I ordered nearly 4 weeks ago which was dispatched within 24 hours or my order.

Hope you have better luck if you order from abroad but all the trouble is at this end.:)

I think Mercury went bust back in 2004. You might try scopestuff in the USA. They have most things but delivery can take over a month. Items leave the USA within 24 hours but can take 4 or 5 weeks to move through customs in the UK and you will be taxed almost the value of the item for the third world service you receive:eek:. I like to call it legal theft.

As you may have guessed from my rant, I am still awaiting a small part I ordered nearly 4 weeks ago which was dispatched within 24 hours or my order.

Hope you have better luck if you order from abroad but all the trouble is at this end.:)

Thanks Doley - much appreciated, I'll check ScopeStuff out.

I never order from Scopestuff anymore as their shipping is so slow. Apparently their "shipped within 24 hours" often means that a small international order may be ready for shipping and when they've got enough packages to ship they'll send someone to the post office and actually ship it.

From other US dealers I've found delivery for small orders is usually 6 to 10 days which includes getting through UK customs.

John

I never order from Scopestuff anymore as their shipping is so slow. Apparently their "shipped within 24 hours" often means that a small international order may be ready for shipping and when they've got enough packages to ship they'll send someone to the post office and actually ship it.

From other US dealers I've found delivery for small orders is usually 6 to 10 days which includes getting through UK customs.

John

Thanks. I'll bear that in mind next time.

Archived