Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meteors

Pug

Are there any showers expected at the moment? Saw a beauty last night and have just seen 2 tonight within 5 minutes of each other (I'm in Basingstoke, central southern England)

This may sound a bit off and I apologise in advance, but why ask ?

When you asked, one of the repliers will have done just what I did and enter "meteor showers" into a search engine, read the many results, in my case the meteor shower list on Wikipedia, and said "the lyrids peaking on 21-22 April".

You would have had the answer quicker by putting "meteor showers" into Bing or Google yourself, also you would have a list of showers for the whole year.

Sorry, just seems a long method of getting an answer.

Ronin, sorry perhaps I should rephrase my question.

I've noticed a lot of meteor activity recently and, after googling "meteor showers" I notice we're not due anything till the end of April. As this is an astronomy forum and we're all looking upwards, has anyone else noticed anything?

I'm merely a plasterer and a newbie (this is the newbie section) you must expect silly questions from me from time to time.

Nothing silly in your question! I received an email today saying there had been high level of meteor activity in the last 24 hours .. so I was wondering why too.. as I didnt think there was a meteor shower due at the moment,,

This may sound a bit off and I apologise in advance, but why ask ?

Well typing in meteor shower into google wouldn't have alerted us lot to the fact there may be a higher than the norm rate of meteors at the moment would it?

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all :)

Archived