Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Am I a published member?

Hypernova

I have been asked for permission from the people at Sky At Night for them to use a webcam image of Jupiter I took back in September and which I uploaded to flickr when Stargazing Live was on.

I can't think why they chose it, nothing special, just a rough and ready webcam image shot through the dob, there were much better ones uploaded which were shot through more advanced equipment and by people with the image processing skills.

I wonder if it does indeed appear I will be a published member :D

Tell them to stuff off!! lol

Seriously though sounds exciting and If they publish it then surely your "published" - is this the magazine or the programme?

It will be in the programme is what I've been told, hopefully it will be and I'll have the image credited to me :D

Here is the one I uploaded, it was my second try at imaging Jupiter with my dob and one of those Morgans webcams, a little overexposed in the centre but I captured some hints of detail.

43099d1285092671t-jupiter-uranus-september-20th-21st-jupiter-4.jpg

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/114643-jupiter-uranus-september-20th-21st.html

I'll hold out till the next month's episode then, as Sim says they may take longer to compile a program than I thought.

I think you'll be waiting a while then Ron, they may not decide to use it or they may take their time in slotting into their 20 minute programme.

Archived