NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An airbrush painting of The Orion Nebula and Running Man Nebula

Porl

Hi everyone,

On Saturday I decided I wanted to try and paint something in a different style to what I normally do. And with being an astronomy geek and having a spare canvas I decided to try and use my airbrush to make a painting. I've never tried to use just my airbrush before so it was going to be a fun experiment.

I settled on trying to paint the Orion Nebula with the Running Man nebula as I thought they would fit the shape of the canvas quite well and its a region I regularly look at with my 130EQ. I used some photos from my Sky at Night magazines for colour references as I've only observed it as green but wanted to try to paint it how we've seen it through the eyepiece.

Im really pleased with how the painting turned out and thought I'd post it up for you to see. :hello2:

Paul''

post-23474-13387754995_thumb.jpg

post-23474-133877549963_thumb.jpg

post-23474-13387754997_thumb.jpg

post-23474-133877549976_thumb.jpg

post-23474-133877549982_thumb.jpg

Now there's an idea! I like that :hello2:

It has been a goal of mine to paint, in oils, the Orion nebula, using a photo I have taken myself as a reference. Your pic has re-ignited my desire to do this :hello2:

Tim

Thanks guys :hello2: Im well pleased with it and its going to be going up on the wall of my observatory.........in a few years when we get our own place and buy an observatory for the garden haha

TJ you should definetly get the paints out. Its great fun :hello2: and when you've painted it post up some photos of it on here!! :hello2:

Porl''

Archived