Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Framing rectangle in stellarium?

Is it possible to set the view in stellarium (scope?) to show a custom rectangle that represents your camera? This would really help with framing and I understand it's a feature in CdC.

Thanks Anna that's really handy. I had seem the Ocular plug in before, but hadn't managed to get it to display the CCD rectangle. The wiki is really useful.

btw, I just checked out your blog....all I can say is amazing tour of the JSC...really cool!

Thanks again

michael

Had a play with the plug in but couldn't get it to work properly. I have version 0.10.6.1 but the wiki talks about stellarium 0.10.7 which I can't seem to find.

The screen shots also look different. Oh and my Camera only appears in the ocular window, not in the main window like the telrad.

Maybe I need to wist for next release?

I spent about an hour one night trying to set this up, but it just didn't sit right with me as the FOV indicator always appeared a perfect square which we all know is never the case with a DSLR. Also obviously the two values I entered for it were different...so my guess is it isn't up to much.

Telrad worked a treat though.

Shame as it is always a handy feature for planning. Another reason for sticking to Cartes du Ciel :hello2:

Good luck!

Michael

Yeah....i may go back to CdC....I was lured by the snazzy graphics but I really would like this framing info.

I'm assuming CdC works fine with EQmod as I know Chris uses it in the video tutorials (if you haven't seen those check them out...very good), but are there any hidden surprises (like stellarium scope!) or is it just plug and play?

There is an error with the ocular plugin on the latest version 0.10.6 I ended up downloading the latest beta version which works very well. It also reflects the help on their wiki page.

Archived