Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The moon with spc900nc

I was trying to record the moon with sharpcap, all I'm getting is pure white, no details or such, I tried to change gain

And exposure also tried Both webcam LX and normal one, yes I did choose settings on normal mode and LX mode still the same.

Any suggestion? I'll have to try again tomm night as I'm away to pool, semi final match tonight.

Thanks

I can see the moon on my computer but it's pure white, when I'm not pointing at the moon it's black on webcam I can even see the sides of moon ie black skies in one half and part of moon in other half only lappy

iam going mad to its all good buying it but try working it ha ha ha ... iam just going to put it away be for its in bits lol and get on with looking with the telescope good sky to night :(

Are you using a focal reducer, if not, then try moving the webcam further into ep area, re focus, if that doesn't work then pull it further out, re focus again. If this fails then if you have one, try using a barlow. It will give a different focal length. To me it deff sounds like a focal problem matey.

You clearly have it in view so it must be focusing

Could be, I saw Saturn 5 mins ago it was white so I had to use silver knob to tune it in to see Saturn clearly

Is focusing to do with the silver knob that turns?

Could be, I saw Saturn 5 mins ago it was white so I had to use silver knob to tune it in to see Saturn clearly

Is focusing to do with the silver knob that turns?

Hi Lurker

Which silver knob? You don't still have the one on the front of the webcam do you? Has the webcam had the lense removed?

sry.. If that sounded a bit off.. I just re-read your original post, you say both cams are behaving the same.. I have a couple of the silver focus rings from mine laying in front of me from modding mine.. made me wonder?

Unmodded camera is same as this, The Knob is on my DOB. Which turns to get a clear view thru the eyepiece.

What actually is the focuser?, Picture please?

I have IR/UV filter on my Webcam too.

Yeah what you turn on your don to make your image clearer through an eyepiece that's the focuser.

You will also have to turn the focuser when your cam is in until you can see whatever u are pointing at clearly.

Turn it slowly. Wait for it to settle and turn it again until u start seeing craters. It is out there. Promise ;-)

Are you sure you have the correct adaptor? That one looks a bit short compared to the one I have - which works fine. If the extension tube is too short, you won't be able to get focus.

Are you sure you have the correct adaptor? That one looks a bit short compared to the one I have - which works fine. If the extension tube is too short, you won't be able to get focus.

the length of the tube has no bearing on distance of chip to mirror afaik. ?

unless some have different shoulders

Archived