Video of saturn not god

Hi All,

I have taken a couple of videos of saturn but when I look at them, They are no where near as crisp as the image I get through my eyepiece, So how could I get a decent still image if none of the frames in the video are sharp.

I will post up a video soon, Also when using my Philips sc900 to take video's there seems to be some hazing like the image is under water, is this due to atmospheric conditions or is it heat from the camera itself?

Kev.

The camera lens is less forgiving than the eye, so make sure you are completely in focus. Then run the video through registax, which selects and stacks the best frames and should produce a result that is better than any of the individual frames on the vid.

HTH

The video didn't look too bad. The main problems are that your mount is not motorised so the video is only about 30 seconds long and Saturn looks quite small on the video. To get the best image from your setup you should get either the single axis RA drive or the dual axis motors so that you can keep Saturn in the fov longer and a 3x or 4x barlow to get the f number up to between 20 and 32.

Peter

It's nice to know Im not doing anything wrong, but how then do you get the nice colours on saturn as in some of the photo's shown on here as I beleive that colours dont show through a scope or is that just DSO's

Kev.

Archived