Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up - ISS fly over UK in 20 mins

brantuk

Discovery is in front off the ISS, it is loosing height and as a result is ahead. Fantastic sight here as they flew through Orion and past Sirius before disappearing into the Earth shadow.

Should be good tomorrow evening as they flight path is directly over head, must set the camera up!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Discovery is in front off the ISS, it is loosing height and as a result is ahead. Fantastic sight here as they flew through Orion and past Sirius before disappearing into the Earth shadow.

Should be good tomorrow evening as they flight path is directly over head, must set the camera up!

The NASA site is telling me the shuttle won't be visible again until Wed night, at about the same elevation.

Is there a pass tomorrow it isn't telling me about?

Fantastic, had a great view from here, lovely clear skies.

Could see a real difference in colour, the leading one looked smaller and white, trailing one larger and a bit square and was a lovely golden colour. I am assuming the shuttle was the leading one which seems too make sense from what I saw visually, and I think that orbital mechanics means that as it drops to a lower orbit it would speed up so it would be leading the ISS. Can anyone confirm thats correct?

Edit: I have read the whole thread now and it's clear that the shuttle was ahead so ignore the question :-)

Have seen the two together once before but really chuffed I managed to catch them this time on the last flight. I seem to have small excited schoolboy syndrome :-) :-)

Stu

The NASA site is telling me the shuttle won't be visible again until Wed night, at about the same elevation.

Is there a pass tomorrow it isn't telling me about?

I don't know about the shuttle, but the ISS is due at about 19.15 CET (18.15 GMT), and will be very bright -3.6, Heavens Above haven't updated yet, but I would expect the shuttle if still in orbit to be visible, but some time ahead.

watched it too. in fact ive been out since 5.30ish to set up, hoping to catch the earlier fly-by, (being greedy i know) but it was too light at that time,

i seen the ISS for the 1st time sunday evening with my girlfriend it was amazing to watch it cross orion (Rigel)

my starwalk app said it was a satallite flying in front, but if it was the shuttle i would be even more chuffed!

8 Mar-1.818:13:0210W 18:15:3828SSW18:18:1210SE

Next visible pass according to heavens-above is tomorrow night at 6:13 pm 8th March. It'll last approximately 5 mins :)

Will be interesting to see who's right! I have just matched that pass on the NASA site and they don't think it's a visible one.

I saw them- nearly missed out. They were a lot lower than yesterday evening and passed below the roof line of the houses to the south. Luckily there is a gap in the housing so I was able to follow them for about 15 seconds. I wasn't expecting to see Discovery following the same path. I'm dead chuffed to have witnessed the last flyby of the orbiter visible from the UK.

They were a lot dimmer than last night, though that could have been the lower trajectory.

Archived