Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M78 Dark Nebula in Orion

Catanonia

Since it is so awful outside, I have been processing some images taken in late February this year.

Here is 3 hours LRGB of the dark M78 nebula in Orion.

I really tried to get the dust clouds with this one within the processing and I think I have achieved it.

M78 - 3 Hours LRGB 2xbin on QHY9 + 2inch Filters.

Skywatcher MN190 with ED80 + QHY5 guiding on EQ6 Pro

post-16631-133877541254_thumb.jpg

M78,... you have given me the first picture of it and it is amazing! Is it hard to find?

Isabelle

Easy to find; O'Meara reckons it looks more like a comet than any other Messier object. Look it up on the planetaria and then orientate yourself with respect to the belt stars.

Cat, spluttering with dust. Well done! I would try to get more on this next season because it is a belter of an object but needs time and f ratio. I'm amazed by what you got in the time.

Olly

Easy to find; O'Meara reckons it looks more like a comet than any other Messier object. Look it up on the planetaria and then orientate yourself with respect to the belt stars.

Cat, spluttering with dust. Well done! I would try to get more on this next season because it is a belter of an object but needs time and f ratio. I'm amazed by what you got in the time.

Olly

Going to have to leave this one this year as getting too low to horizon for me and all the murk of nearby town.

Great image Catanonia

Love the colours.... and second the new labelling also!

Just like to also say that goes for the 'fluid' website.

Clear skies,

Damian

Cheers mate, i really need to update the website, have about 5 more images for it.

Still deciding whether to get more data for this one and use PixInsight on it.

Archived