Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium ?????????

Astromart

E-mail the Stellarium team with your computer's specs and program version number. Alternatively, try downloading a few of the earlier versions and see if that helps. You could also try updating your graphics drivers.

What resolution is your screen as the image is 800x483 which is an odd screen res. With my netbook it helped to edit the config file and set the res to what my screen was which stopped Stellarium trying to shrink itself to fit. I think I also changed the font size so the text wasn't too big for the area that displays the info.

If you are running stellarium in a window does the text appear if you make the window bigger/wider?

Fija

I noticed with stellarium it sometimes crashes when system is using lot of ram

try closing some other programs then run stellarium i have screen mode 800 x 600

works brilliant also you want to update stallrium with star packs.

also they is settings on stellarium that show star info you can set to show names/nebula's so on

I cannot get any clear readout on star/nebula etc info as can be seen in top left. Even the icon info is scrambled - any suggestions ???

Yes. Try starting it from the "Stellarium (no OpenGL2)" shortcut in Stellarium's Start menu folder. If it works, you can copy it to your desktop and replace the original shortcut.

A couple of Questions:

Has the program worked in the past?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling stellarium?

Are you using the latest version of Stellarium? Latest version is version 0.10.6

Have you installed anything else recently that coincides with Stellaruium not working?

Does you PC/Laptop meet the minimum spec for running the program?

Rgds

Rob

A couple of Questions:

1 Has the program worked in the past?

2 Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling stellarium?

3 Are you using the latest version of Stellarium? Latest version is version 0.10.6

4 Have you installed anything else recently that coincides with Stellaruium not working?

5 Does you PC/Laptop meet the minimum spec for running the program?

1, Ive ran an earlier version which ran fine, only it didnt have the sat flight path & other add-ons available - hence the update.

2. constantly !

3, trying to install 0.10.6 but getting the scrambled text

4. not as i know of

5. yep

Ive tried downloading from another supplier - the same problems !!

Ive tried restarting.

Im not running from another window - Im starting from my shortcut on desktop.

Hi, I have used an earlier version I got from the Sky at Night mag, it was fine although I did have to close it and start again from time to time, I am now using version 10.6 and have had no problem with it on the pc, I am writing this post on the new lap top and have yet to up load it, being very carefull at the moment until I get to grips with it. Hope to have it on board soon, its such a great aid :)

Archived