NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Widefield Whirlpool

Steve 1962

Finally, for the first time since the end of November, I managed to get out into the garden under a clear(ish) sky.

I bought a SW200p from Mike_F in the Autumn and an NEQ6 from FLO in November, and this was only the second time we'd been out together... (me and the scope, you understand - not me and Mike!)

steve-1962-albums-pictures-somerset-sky-picture9347-m51-26-feb-2011-8-x-10mins-iso-1600-through-sw200p-using-modded-canon-1000d-guided-neq6-eqmodd-mount-using-wo-zs70-qhy5v.jpg

This was 8 x 600secs @ ISO 1600 using a modded Canon 1000d, CLS CCD and Baader MPCC through the 200p and guided with a QHY5V through a WO ZS70. Acquired and stacked in Nebulosity 2 and tweaked in PS CS5.

I'm slightly disappointed with the star shapes - but would welcome any comments as a first real attempt with a reflector.

Cheers

Steve

I do like the widefield presentation of this target - just gives it some scale...

Great going for only a 'second date'!!! Definitely a 'relationship' to last then...?!

Lovely colours also.

Thanks for posting, clear skies....

Damian

Thanks Damien.... it might last but it's too early to tell - I've got problems with my new NEQ6 so I don't think I've got anywhere near what's achievable with 200p yet.

(Don't tell the wife, but I do have a hankering for a nice 5 inch refractor instead of the 8 inch reflector - just waiting for that elusive lottery win to come up)

Steve

Archived