Hi from up t'north (Scarborough)

RumplySimon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Andy, I do know about the Astronomical Society, I have been meaning to go, but the nights have fallen at times when my son is at Cubs so we haven't made it.

I see the next meeting is March 4th, I will try to make it to this one.

That's the main reason I've joined this forum as I'm pretty much going to have to figure things out for myself.

This forum seems vast, and there will be the answers I need in here somewhere. I haven't looked around it fully yet.

Even if the weather is pretty grim we give a virtual tour of the night sky in the centre so the evening is not spoilt. We have 2 more public observing nights before the summer break so feel free to come along to Dalby if you are free - 8pm starts.

Andy

Hi Simon <wave> Im in Scarborough nr St Catherines Hospice.

Yes SRAS Dalby is a good venue. Hopefully the next event will be clear.

Luckily im up on top of the hill so dont have much of a problem, however, occasionally I pop up the road to one of the laybys on the Whitby road - particularly the one at the top of the hump on the moor where sometimes during the day theres a greasy spoon van.

The 880/900 is a good way to go.

Archived