NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Case for EQ5 Pro mount

StarryEyes

I was just wondering if anyone has a case for their EQ5 Pro mount. I have had a look on Maplins site and found one that might do it but I'm not sure if its deep enough (I think it will fit but not sure there will be enough padding around it).

High Impact Case Large Free Delivery : Flight Rugged Cases : Maplin

If anyone does have it in a case, where did you get it?

Many Thanks

Brilliant, Thanks very much everyone.

Helen the larger one looks like it might be big enough to fit the EQ5 mount and the counter weight bar and a few other bits. Do you have one of these for yours? I wonder if they come with foam in them.

Try here Your Search Results | CPC The waterproof ones are solid, but cheap! I think the smaller one will be OK for the EQ5, but the larger one is needed for HEQ5 or EQ6

Helen

The large case is not big enough for a NEQ6. Sadly there are no large cheap cases so for ultimate protection a Pele 1600 (or similar) is required. Not cheap but then neither was the mount :rolleyes:

NEQ6 squished - NEQ6 in Duratool case | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I'm sure a HEQ5 will fit inside easily.

NEQ6 comfy - NEQ6 Pro Synscan in Pele 1600 case | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I bought my foam for the Duratool case from eFoam eFoam, all sorts of foam: Pick and pluck, pre cubed foam

plus some aerosol glue to stick the foam layers to each other and to the case.

I use a foam lined aluminium flight case from Maplin for my EQ6 PRO mount and find it good quality.

Please could you tell me which one you have, I looked at them but I wasn't sure if they were deep enough (by depth I mean when the case is laid flat, so the shortest measurement of the case internally).

Please could you tell me which one you have, I looked at them but I wasn't sure if they were deep enough (by depth I mean when the case is laid flat, so the shortest measurement of the case internally).

The one I have is approx 42x52x20 cm.

Starryeyes

I have my CG5-GT in the plastic Maplins case - a sort of budget Peli. It's great but don't store it upright. Mine's been that way over the recent cloudy interlude. Got to use it again last night and found the foam had sagged a bit under the weight of the mount. Seems simple now, but...:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived