NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-PRO vs old Skywatcher 80ED

Hello,

maybe someone know bigger differences between those two models:

Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-PRO and old Skywatcher 80ED

The old one look like this ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

As I am looking for Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-PRO I got an offer for the old version Skywatcher 80ED and I dont know if only the looks have changed or have optics have changed too?

Any help wold be appreciated.

44756662.jpg

I believe the optics are the same on both the old and new versions of the 80ED. I've owned a couple of the original blue tube versions and an Orion (USA) grey tube (same scope, different livery) and the optics in all 3 were excellent.

I think the DS-PRO has the Dual-Speed 11:1 2” Crayford Focuser, but don't hold me to it.

I think that's the only difference between the newer black/white versions and the older blue or gold ones. FWIW, I use one of the old blue models and it's great little scope.

Tony..

Thank you for your answers.

The used gold version is offered for me for £312 and it includes:

Super 10mm and super 25mm eyepieces, x2 Barlow lens, WilliamOptics 1,25 diagonal, AZ3 mount. (the price might be dropped a bit)

The used newer version (white/black) is for £378 and includes full main package like:

2" Di-electric coated star diagonal, Aluminium carry case, 28mm eyepiece, finder scope...

So I dont know what to do better, to go for gold one and ask to reduce price more, or go for the newer one.

Archived