Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Green Laser Finderscope?

The concensus seems to be that it is a bad idea if you live in an area of significant air traffic and you always have to be vigilant. If you don't want to bolt your laser down but just use it to do quick alignments without punishing your neck, then the simple trick is just to fire it through the finderscope. This directs it in pretty much the right direction. I do that a lot.

Olly

Works well, just be careful as it as laser. Don't use it if you even think there are any planes in the sky.... they have helpful flashing lights on. they do tend to get cold and their output drops, so you need to warm them up occasionally.

Cheers

PEterW

I am on my second as the beam on the 1st one was rubbish, so i sent it back for a replacement, the second one worked fine for a couple of weeks.

now the beam disapears after a couple of mins, and not at all if its very cold, so i don,t use it anymore.

very disapointed when you consider how expensive it is, anyone else had issues with theirs

I am on my 3rd new battery for the celestron, and it has not improved.

I do have a green laser pen which works fine, and is not influenced by cold temps, so i am going to get a bracket for this instead.

Or shoot it through your finder? Works well.

Feeble green lasers like to be tapped in the palm of your hand till they wake up.

Olly

• 11 months later...

I have the Celestron laser and really don't like it. All the comments about light dropping off when cold, batteries draining fast, etc. etc. are true. I have experienced every one of those problems, and the darn thing costs well over 60 dollars American!

I got a couple of the cheap Chinese laser pens. I had to purchase three in get two that worked. But the light output is greater than the Celestron, and I would rather purchase a package of AAA cells than that special battery that is required for the Celestron, any day.

"Your milage may vary" as they say here in the U.S., but I would certainly try the Chinese knock-offs before getting another Celestron laser!

JMHO - Jim S.

I have the Celestron laser and really don't like it. All the comments about light dropping off when cold, batteries draining fast, etc. etc. are true. I have experienced every one of those problems, and the darn thing costs well over 60 dollars American!

I got a couple of the cheap Chinese laser pens. I had to purchase three in get two that worked. But the light output is greater than the Celestron, and I would rather purchase a package of AAA cells than that special battery that is required for the Celestron, any day.

"Your milage may vary" as they say here in the U.S., but I would certainly try the Chinese knock-offs before getting another Celestron laser!

JMHO - Jim S.

i think you will find that nowadays the celestron are cheap chinese knockoffs:D

Archived