Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Laser pointer

Does anyone have or know if this is any good? Laser Pen Pointer Class I-III Bright Green Beam Laser: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I know that there is a Nightstreak green laser pointer and that there is a distinct difference in price between it and the one I am asking about, but is it a case of you get what you pay for with these things or are they all much the same?

Thanks

How are you guys getting on with battery usage? Mine seems to be using power for like 10 minutes until the batteries are dead?

Wavelength - 532 nm

Output Power - < 1mW

I will admit I am using poor quality batteries, but this short-life seems excessive?

Ahhh OK I think I have found the cause, its all about the temperature of the weather, my Laser pen really does not like COLD :(

I tried it again today Indoors and batteries are now giving a full-beam!

Last time I used the pointer was outside and I left it out of my kit-bag, hence the powerloss as it was about +2/+3

Next time I am out I will keep it close to me

Apologies this was off-topic - just sharing thoughts

I was gonna start a thread about laser pointers the other day ive been looking at a rigel green laser pointer from pulsar optical £20 but the one for £10 looks just as good

Should you be tempted by the Pulsar Optical one, phone them and check it's really in stock before ordering. Their website is misleading, and I'm not sure they're that interested in changing it. I ordered one (allegedly in stock and available to ship) at the start of Jan and having been fobbed off a couple of times they eventually told me they weren't expecting any until late Feb.

James

Archived