NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Are these EP's any good ?

I tend to agree they do look the part so on that assuption I would be inclined to go for it personaly for that kind of money I would have thought they should hold up the price to sell on at a later time if not quite what you wanted

Only my opinion mind !

My friend has the 7.5mm and is very pleased with it. They're well made with very good coatings and have a large eye lens which is very comfortable. He plans to get another one or two. I was very surprised how good it was for the money.

Dave

They do look like the Epic/X-cels dont they? Certainly worth the cash if they are as good as those although be warned that you may get lots of kidney beaning and black outs.

They sure look like Epics . If so, i recommend avoiding them. They have really horrible kidney beaning

I think these eyepieces are a German importer's version of the Chinese eyepieces that are also marketed as Xcels and Epics. I believe that they are close, but not exact clones of the Japanese-made Vixen lanthamums. I've seen reviews that say the clones have slightly wider fields of view, less eye relief but for some reason more kidney beaning. At £27 they look like very good value, the other clones cost a lot more and I think the Vixen originals still cost more than £100. As far as I know kidney beaning is almost entirely down to the eyepiece. I have a Televue 40mm Plossl that kidney beans as if vegetables have only just been invented - no matter which scope it goes in.

Archived