Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyliner 250 Flextube Auto - Goto, How?

Veracocha

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been taking a look to get a heads up on the GOTO alignment routine, before I order the AZ mount. Seems straightforward enough as long as Lon/lat is entered right way round and US style date used. I was interested to see that there is apparently a 'backlash' adjustment in the handset menu. I was wondering if this has any effect or can be any use on the DOB as mine has got a bit of slack in the gears.

Just thought i would let people know that i can also confirm this mod works!

Have bought the 300p auto and used the controller from a 1145p. So i now have a easy little scope that tracks and a goto Dob :D

(Have to say i enquired lots about the upgrade in the new goto Dob and it appeared the motors are upgraded to cope with the efforts of Goto, but i tend to push mine to a close position and then finish with goto)

Have also done the mod for fitting wheels and it has made loads of difference and the scope is really nice to use now.

I have updated the firware in the handset (chose to use 3.07) and all options are in the handset including backlash and can`t see why it wont work.

Thanks everyone who added to this thread :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It did seem a strange location!

Brantuk, are you able to advise if the handset upgrade (First Light Optics - Skywatcher SynScan V3 handset) would do the same job as taking one from a goto mount? Or does it have some bits missing? I read some other threads where you were explaining the success you had had doing this with your Autodob.

Thanks, Mark

• 1 month later...
Have bought the 300p auto and used the controller from a 1145p.

Apologies for any misunderstanding, is this the 1145p Goto Handset?

Therefore, if I got a new SW 1145p AZ Goto, and plugged that into my auto Dob it would work too??

:icon_confused:

Archived