Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Skywatcher kit at Astrofest

Mark at Beaufort

This appeared on the Astronomy Now blog for the show.

On display at the Optical Vision Ltd stand at this year's Astrofest will be the following new Skywatcher products:

Skyliner-400P 16" Flextube Go-To Dobsonian, a prototype of the forthcoming EQ8 Synscan Go-To mount, the SkyTee-2 Dual Alt-Azimuth mount, the new QUATTRO-series f/4 Carbon-Fibre Imaging Newtonians and ED150 3/5 Element Apochromatic Refractor.

Could be interesting!

Mark

Phew, that ED150 looks mighty cool in the flesh. I didn't dare ask any of the OVL people what sort of price they expect it to sell for but it gives me some hope that, as kit continues to improve, I might be able to get something like that when I retire. And that flextube is a real beast - how on earth would you move that around?

that flextube is a real beast - how on earth would you move that around?

Wheely bars?

Incidentally the Meade 16" Lightbridge is pretty portable, it will easily go in a small hatchback though the "mirror housing" lump is heavy and the assembly time is not trivial.

Archived