Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

150P or 150PL?

Hedgerow

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes - Brian has a habit of being right about such matters...

- I've never regretted following a brianb recommendation, but have certainly had cause to regret going against them...

Thanks guys ... that's made me feel warm & happy on a cold, wet, windy February afternoon :)

I'm still 50/50 on the P vs PL matter.

As a beginner, would I be missing out by purchasing the P?

I'm not sure a PL would fit in my car and I do want something I can take places.

If the PL was even slightly more expensive I'd get the P! but being the same price, you feel you're getting more fpr your money with the longer tube.

????????????

Hi and welcome from me as well!

One other point the others haven't touched on is the length of the PL on the EQ3-2, assuming thats the mount you would use it on. I've heard that vibrations can be quite a problem on that mount with the length of the f/8. Having spoken to FLO with the same problem as you, they convinced me to go for the P, mainly for the reason above about vibration. Also the length of the tube would probably make carrying a problem, though I am just speculating on that one.

Whichever you go for I'm sure it will serve you well!

Tom

I am really happy with my 150P. I chose the P over the PL because I knew my interest was DSO's and I wanted to try my hand at imaging but I don't yet have the budget for an 80ED on an HEQ5.

I don't think you would regret buying either one. They are both cracking scopes for the money.

Rik

Archived