Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

S>Wales THEFT

flatfootsam

Very sorry to hear the news, if our things are not safe in our own homes what are we to do?, i will keep a look out in the newport area, always looking on e bay and in local ads etc so will check these out to, if this was just a "smash and grab" this kit will go cheap local, as dont think most people will know the value of such items

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only offer my sympathy too. It's not going to help much but I send it anyway.

We have been there too. As the others have said it's not so much the material things as the invasion of your home and privacy. It's a real shock and it takes some getting over. Hang in there!

Wow, this was a seriously thorough burglary :)

I'm gutted for you. Been involved in one myself and I was more disgusted in the fact they'd come in my home and spent time there.

It just begs belief how these types can live with themselves.

Is your insurance going to sort your family out? I know it's of little comfort to you but fingers crossed they do.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened.

Is it possible that you could post up a detailed list, ideally with photos, of all the astro related things you had stolen (in the process of getting your crime reference number)?

That way we can all keep an eye out. I've known of airsofters who have had their kit stolen and, via the community, managed to identify the thieves from the sale addresses on eBay, etc.

They will almost certainly be selling the FLT110.

Thanks people for your comments and support. Insurance coming around in the next day or so to hopefully sort it out. This is the first time I've had a burglary and TBH was one of those ppl who never gave this a thought that it would happen to me and hence never took photos of anything. The gear was collected over the last 18 months for when we retired hopefully soon, and has never been used so I cant even say exactly what I had. I knew I just needed the final part of the set up ie an imaging camera. Fortunately I have the serial number on the warrenty card kindly sent by Paxo who I bought it off together with pics of the scope, so at least that can be identified.

Thanks again, I will keep you posted if anything turns up

Adrian

That's not good. When I was about 7 or 8, My parents took me on holiday to a caravan park. When we came back our house was broken into, The alarm was smashed up. Nobody reported to us or police because it was my " Brother " that broke into the house. He even took my stuff like Amiga computer, Commodore etc. Insurance wouldn't pay out for it because it was a member of the family.

I hope you do get your stuff back eventually.

I pity to what as happened to you mate!

I used to live in Rotherham, and the area is terrible for burgalry!!! I had my house robbed once and it was on Christmas eve as well.

I could alway's remember the upset when I was small lad cos the thieves took my first telescope as my present from my parents.

Christmas was not happy at all and it was totally ruined!!!!

Now if you thieve's can get a way with it this time, than stand up cos I have base ball bat waiting for you the next time you'll try it again, I'll be waiting for you!!!! :)

So you criminal's should think twice cos you may think of committing an offence, cos It's stealing is a crime is also mental toture and depression to families!!! :)

Archived