SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

North Lincolnshire Astronomy Society

Nexus 6

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Matt/Rich

just to confirm the astro society will go ahead! :)

Monday March 7th, 7-10 pm, in the event of the weather being poor we wil have the use of a room and be able to do drinks.

I am hoping to get us a guest speaker for the night. Watch this space :), sorry, everything is in print as I type this post and will be distributed around the local area.

As for how many members we may get, I am unsure as yet, hopefully at least a dozen or so to begin with.

Thanks for all the interest so far.

Will post any more detail as I get it.

Hi Supercharged, yes I am running the club, I have almost 4 years observing experience now which means I still know very little ;)

I have only one aim, to observe with other people, of course the weather will play a part, as it always does, but I hope that it willl enable people to gain more knowledge and tips on astronomy on nights where we can't get out due to rain etc :)

I think it would be great to view objects with a few different scopes or bins so we can evaluate together how they appear. :(

cheers

Shall we bring our own scopes if the skies are clear ?? Not really sure what happens at these meets ?

Damn Bridge tolls !!

Hi Rich, bring your scope by all means, in the event of weather spoiling any chance to observe it's still worth it, it will be handy to show anyone interested in what we all use kit wise. We will have plenty of room indoors and at least you'll get a brew, must be worth the bridge fee :), curse them! :glasses1:

Archived