SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

North Lincolnshire Astronomy Society

Nexus 6

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What have you got lined up for the first days meet?

Hi Martin, the main aim is to get out and observe, failing that we the option of one of the rooms at the reserve, I have been in contact with the folks from East Riding Astronomers, Tony is willing to give a hand with a few questions that may be asked and anything else that may crop up. :glasses1:

Perhaps someone like yourself would be willing to give an opinion on the imaging front which I'm sure will be a topic of interest to many people. :)

I'll be there Alan , it's Andy by the way, used to pop down when you had some meetings down there before. Hoping my next door neighbour will come along as well as he's just bought an 11" Celestron CPC 1100 (I'm not jealous at all.......). See you on the 7th and good luck with this, I'm sure there is enough interest it's just we're always at the mercy of the weather which more often than not spoils things and of course the summer months aren't ideal for obvious reasons. Anyway I'll be a regular, about time I started taking this interest of mine a bit more seriously and got myself a scope :glasses1:

I'll be there Alan , it's Andy by the way, used to pop down when you had some meetings down there before. Hoping my next door neighbour will come along as well as he's just bought an 11" Celestron CPC 1100 (I'm not jealous at all.......). See you on the 7th and good luck with this, I'm sure there is enough interest it's just we're always at the mercy of the weather which more often than not spoils things and of course the summer months aren't ideal for obvious reasons. Anyway I'll be a regular, about time I started taking this interest of mine a bit more seriously and got myself a scope :glasses1:

Hi Andy, Ye lets hope for a drastic change with the weather, either way I hope this is going to be a perminent thing :)

Nice scope your neighbour has got himself, how do you find the views?

He only picked it up yesterday, will let you know though when I've had a look (if these clouds ever disappear), expecting to be impressed :glasses1:

that explains why the weather has been so bad round these parts! :p

Hope it clears, he must be itching to test it out :)

Having just found this I think that I will try to make this as well, getting started myself and had my Skywatcher Explorer 130m about a year and still getting used to it and finding my way around the sky

Having an issue with my scope atm though as it seems very difficult trying to adjust the angle of my scope, so may come along without even if the weather is good. Would like some opinions on an upgrade in future anyway, as I am looking to get one in the view to doing some imaging with it

Having just found this I think that I will try to make this as well, getting started myself and had my Skywatcher Explorer 130m about a year and still getting used to it and finding my way around the sky

Having an issue with my scope atm though as it seems very difficult trying to adjust the angle of my scope, so may come along without even if the weather is good. Would like some opinions on an upgrade in future anyway, as I am looking to get one in the view to doing some imaging with it

Hi Chris, by all means turn up ,its a bit of a drive for you is it not?

I would have thought Lincoln Astronomy Society would be much handier

Here's a link for them

Lincoln Astronomical Society

I hope you may still get up here though

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived