Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North Lincolnshire Astronomy Society

Nexus 6

Hoping for clear skies, I'll be bringing a scope each for the family and myself !

I hope we can all meet up during the break for some observing.

Great stuff Paul! Got one for me? :)

On that note I am looking to sell my 150 so if you happen to know anyone who may be interested in buying it let me know. As you did collimate it you know its in really good condition. :)

Clear Skies

See you next Monday.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a shame to have a good scope like that in the storeroom, it deserves some use.

If it was a 200, I'd be driving up there tonight, lol.

Yup, I did think its going to waste at the moment and is a good scope for a beginner so should sell in no time. :)

I've been looking forward to this meet all week but now I'm not able to come as I'm a bit under the weather.:)

Hope to definitely be at the next one. Will this be th 5th of Sept?

Hope the turn out is still good for you tonight.

Clear Skies,

Mark

I've been looking forward to this meet all week but now I'm not able to come as I'm a bit under the weather.:)

Hope to definitely be at the next one. Will this be th 5th of Sept?

Hope the turn out is still good for you tonight.

Clear Skies,

Mark

Hi Mark, hope you feel better soon.

The next official meet of the society will be on the 5th of September, but I hope to see you before then. :(

Clear Skies

i am planning on been their tonite for my first meet i might b a little late though

No worries 5th race, we may have a chance to get out as the cloud is parting slowly and the forcast gives some clear spells. :)

Great night, as per usual. It was good to see some new faces, the group is going from strength to strength.

The clouds played ball yet again .....the best bit of the evening, for me, was watching seasoned and new astronomers alike getting excited like little kids at the sight of a star peeping through the whispy stuff....LOL

Agreed... another great night Martin. We have had some luck with the weather on these Monday nights. Hope its just as good for the next meet. We did get a bit exicted when Arcturus showed up :)

Clear Skies :(

• 4 weeks later...
I may drop by

Would be nice to meet up with a few of the locals

Any plans for speakers and a web site ?

Hi DN18, website is no the way, as for speakers I am hoping to arrange for one or two, just waiting to cement the society, I am also hoping we can visit some other local astro society's when they have their own meets. Lincoln, Cleethorpes, Brough and Beverly are close enough to have a drive and meet them.

Tonight will be our 5th meeting so plenty of time for things to take shape.

Hope to see you later :)

• 2 weeks later...
A quick note on the next meet for the society.

Monday 1st of August, 7.00pm

Hope some may make it, if your on your hols just disappear for a night the wife and kids will never know ;)

Clear Skies :BangHead:

With a bit of luck I might actually make this one:icon_confused:

A quick reminder that the next meeting is next Monday, 1st August at Far Ings, Barton. I'm planning to bring my new 300p Flextube Dob so I'm hoping for clear skies.

New members and beginners are very welcome, no need to have a scope, hopefully I'll have 2 there.

Hi Alan

thanks for your prompt replies to my emails, looking forward to meeting you all on monday night! web site looks good :) all we want now is clear skies, if not ive just bought a book on clouds so can cloud spot if need be:)

Gary (daftvada)

Hi Alan

thanks for your prompt replies to my emails, looking forward to meeting you all on monday night! web site looks good :) all we want now is clear skies, if not ive just bought a book on clouds so can cloud spot if need be:)

Gary (daftvada)

No problem Gary, will see you on Monday. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We are getting close to the next meeting of the society, the nights are drawing in now so lets hope we have some good fortune with some clear skies! :rolleyes:

Monday September 5th.

As usual I will be down at the venue around 7.00pm.

Best Wishes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived