NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

It must be true.... 'cos I'm here!!

technofan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why dont you join a local astronomy group and they may lend you some of the sweets out of the jar:D until you know what you want. That way it could save you some expensive mistakes

I hear you Michael.... I live in a village and luckily for me I can find a good dark spot just 200yds from my door... Even my back garden offers some great dark skies sometimes. I sometimes just pop out to get something from the garage and the missus has to send a search party, I get rooted to the spot...just looking UP!

However, to see and test some optics would be fabulous...BUT... the moment I get behind very expensive glass will be the moment nothing else will suffice!! I have been very careful over choosing my camera lenses as it is extremely difficult to find great optics at average prices. It CAN be done but you have to do your homework.:)

Pete:)

I hear you Michael.... I live in a village and luckily for me I can find a good dark spot just 200yds from my door... Even my back garden offers some great dark skies sometimes.

However, to see and test some optics would be fabulous...BUT... the moment I get behind very expensive glass will be the moment nothing else will suffice!! I have been very careful over choosing my camera lenses as it is extremely difficult to find great optics at average prices. It CAN be done but you have to do your homework.:)

Pete:)

you should put your equipment list in your signature then we dont suggest things you already have.

Uh Oh I smell an observatory build in the not to distant future. That way you are set up to go when the sky is right.

Aaaaaaghhhhh..... what a great idea:bino2: I remember seeing some cool garden shed conversions on the tv once:cool:

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy.... I'm a Nebula, I'm a Nebula, I'm a Nebula!!!!:)

Hi Pete and Welcome...

Looks like you have an eye for the photography and there's loads of expertise on here, along with some friendly banter when things aren't going quite to plan.

Enjoy being part of it and I look forward to seeing some of your pics posted.

Clear skies

Michael

Hi Pete,

First off welcome to the lounge.

Great pics by the way.

I must be a fairly near neighbour to you as I live off the A17 between Sleaford and the Boston turn-off.

There seems to be a few of us newbies form this area recently.

You sure have come to the right place for lots of friendly, helpful advice and a bit of light banter.

All the best,

Alan.

Archived