The BBC is to blame!

badgeranduni

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Badger. Good choice of scope. A Tal 1 was one of my first scopes and I loved it. The mount is really solid and it will give you some great views of the moon, planets and bright deep sky objects. It is a great way to learn, get used to polar aligning, tracking the stars and finding your way around the sky. IIRC the finder was a bit limited. Worth getting hold of a red dot finder to help with locating things.

Shout out if you have any questions

Thanks everyone :) I'm really happy with my Tal, and glad that I seem to have made a good choice. I wanted to learn the basics and it would seem my Tal is a good starting point. You're right about the finder and I may consider a red dot but will persevere with this one for now ;)

My biggest problem is the complete lack of clear skies :) It's been day after day of cloud for ages now! If anyone can help with that I'd be very grateful :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hi AndyH :)

I did wander over to the TAL group and I'd like to say a big thank you. I read your thread on balancing my scope, made it nice and easy ;) also a big thank you to Astrobaby for the wonderful renovation tutorial.

Nice to know there's experienced heads out there :)

Thanks Perrin6 :)

Not much chance of falling at the moment as I'm sat on the sofa again!, haven't been able to use the scope for nearly 2 weeks now because of the lovely English weather ;) nothing worse than having a new toy that you can't play with :)

Archived