Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apologies, NGC2239 V4!

daz

OK, I went back to V2 and plugged the lappy back into my big calibrated monitor to reprocess again.

This time, a shadows/highlights was applied before RobH's of the star selection and additional unsharp mask.

Again, comments encouraged. I am planning on using this as a base for a narrow band image and this will form the L and part of the R, so I wanna get it right!

post-12674-133877520255_thumb.jpg

Hmm, I sort of prefer the original Daz, there was detail aplenty in the dark dust pillars, but now lost in the blackness.

How would it look if you took this one, overlaid it as a layer, blend mode lighten, opacity about 35%??

EDIT:

Quickly did that, just to see :evil1: You could go mad with the possibilities though, so many variable, so many ways it looks nice :D

post-14037-133877520296_thumb.jpg

post-14037-133877520304_thumb.jpg

post-14037-133877520312_thumb.jpg

An Honest answer from me is....... too far. I like the way some light bleeds through the dust in your earlier effort.

However. Try both versions and see if the green and blue punch through. Doubt it though.

Dave.

Archived