Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Experimenting again

Zeffer

At last had a decent night's observing. Once I had gotten over Saturn I tried a few images. Really experimenting with different configurations. Struggled with focus this time, not sure why, but here they are anyway.

M42 at prime focus - ISO 800 at 30 seconds:

image.jpg

M38 - same settings as above:

image.jpg

Then I piggybacked the camera for the first time so this is the Hyades at 70mm, ISO 800, F4.5 at 20 seconds:

image.jpg

The I used my focal reducer for the first time and tried the Double Cluster, couldn't quite get it there before the dew came and ended my fun, so not the best shot - ISO 800 and 30 seconds:

image.jpg

It was fun trying different things out and now I have to do a study on one subject for the night and try to crack it.

Thanks guys - I really must have a go at stacking some images. It's such fun taking the pictures but one day I hope to get a glorious one like Roger or Martin etc. which means I must start stacking. I won't forget that day!

heck i,ve not got version 4 Justin , but looks like the alignment process is failing for some reason, i presume you are doing it right , have you version 2 , to try and see if that works any better , i still remain with that , perfectly good enough for normal stacking , but maybe someone who has v4 can throw some light on it ,

Rog

CC after imaging with alt az for many years ,i found that if it was field rotation in registax that would show up on the stars , this i believe to be an alignment problem , i could go up to 30 secs no prob with the set up Zeffer has no probs , after that then yes i had to use Maxim to overcome that , so i dont think it is that ,i may be wrong . lets hope zeffer find the answer soon

Rog

Archived