NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

This may be a silly question...

Caz

...but I have to ask. I'm thinking of purchasing the RA drive for my eq5, but, I'm planning to attach the Canon to the ep, I'm wondering, with this added weight, is this too much for the drive to track effectively?

Caz :)

Just make sure it's well ballanced 8) We gonna get some pics out of the Helios soon? 8)

I'm quite fanatical when it comes down to the balancing, esp with the Newt, jerky movements make it wobble like crazy, annoying. Pics? Maybe :)

Thanks for the help chaps!

Caz

when setup properly I get usable images of 60sec easily.

Music to my ears...

Maybe I've brought gadgets and gizmos in the wrong order, I went for preference rather than need, but now I've ordered the RA Drive, from Steve :thumbleft:, my setup is near completion!...

I can't wait to get stuck in! :)

Caz

Caz

I can't either. Once you get an image to put on here it's game over. You will definately be hooked and need to do more. It's such a buzz, really it is.

On top of that you have some ace imagers here to point you in the right direction. With the likes of Rog. and MD I've got some images that I'm more tham happy with.

Rog. and MD have helpd me recently, but there are loads of posts already offering tips, and I couldn't begin to list my very many sources of tips. I've found that posting an image provokes a load of information about how to get better.

Captain Chaos

...but I have to ask. I'm thinking of purchasing the RA drive for my eq5, but, I'm planning to attach the Canon to the ep, I'm wondering, with this added weight, is this too much for the drive to track effectively?

Caz :)

Hope this set-up works out OK as this is exactly what I'm going for. :)

Dual axis motors are on order, the Canon 350D came yesterday, It's gonna be a good Christmas I think. :):lol:

Andy.

Caz, which of you're scopes are you using the Newtonian or refractor for imaging? I assumed you were using the Newtonian but I have just found the pic of your refractor set-up in the Members Equipment section. No reason for asking, just curious.

Thanks CC, Phil, Andy,

I've recently purchased this book 'Digital Astrophotography - State of the Art' , although a lot of info in the book, challenges my level of digital photography and mathematics :shock:, its a great book to read, the tips are very useful... Loads more pages to get through yet, plus, I may have to read it a few times before it sinks into the grey matter!

Caz

You will definately be hooked and need to do more. It's such a buzz, really it is.

I'm already hooked on astronomy, so whats one more addiction...? :)

You should see what hangs off my EQ5 sometimes :shock:

I dread to think.... :)

It's gonna be a good Christmas I think. :D:lol:

Sounds like it..... :occasion9:

Caz

Caz, which of you're scopes are you using the Newtonian or refractor for imaging? I assumed you were using the Newtonian but I have just found the pic of your refractor set-up in the Members Equipment section. No reason for asking, just curious.

Hi Steve,

I plan to use both scopes at some point, if the driven eq5 can handle the newt with the 300D then I'll be more than happy. :lol::)

Caz

Archived