NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M37

jgs001

Had a bash at M37 in Auriga whilst waiting for Orion to clear the house. I've got a USB hub now and that makes the wiring so much easier. It was also my first attempt at using Nebulosity and tethered shooting to capture the data. Nebulosity has the benefit of communicating with PHD and enabling dithering between frames... Seems to have done a nice job of it too. And using an older laptop.

Anyway..

Imaging : Celestron 80ED, Canon 450d, SW LPR With Nebulosity

Guiding: Konus Vista 80s, QHY5v with PHD

Mount: HEQ5

11 of 5 minutes at ISO800

m36-auriga-11x5iso800.jpg

I had this solved by Astrometry and found my glaring mistake... I got M36 and M37 reveresed... :) Ignore the label on the image, it's M37.

I've been waiting to see this image since you were talking about it last night.

Wide field open clusters are probably my favorite type of image and this one doesn't disappoint!

Fantastic image mate, love the contrast between the Orange star and the Blue one - really sets the cluster off nicely.

I can see why you are happy with that!

Ant

I'm with the others, this is a very fine widefield indeed.

The off centre framing of the cluster nicely sets it off against the two differently coloured bright stars, and the processing looks completely natural.

It's rare to see such a good shot of one of the Auriga clusters :)

Cheers

Rob

Archived