Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and her four moons.

bobbyowl

Just done my first observation with the new telescope and have been viewing Jupiter. At first could only see three of her moons and was puzzled as to where the other one was, then realised it was probably in front of the planet, but just had another look and all four are there. I was amazed that I could see her bands as I didnt think my lenses were powerful enough.

Absolutely chuffed to bits...and everso slightly hooked!

That's fantastic - seems to have given you a real buzz. What scope are you using for the visual observation - I have a 4 inch (102mm) refractor and hope to see some bands on the planet.

How did you shift the cloud - o you have one of those eally big leaf blowers?

Regards,

Bob :eek:

Bobthesaxon...

I have a Sky Watcher Explorer 130...i dont yet understand the lenses, but dont think they are very good.

| was lucky to have a 2 hour clear slot, the last one of which I saw all 4 moons which was excellent. Wanted to see Saturn before work this morning but my leaf blower wasnt that powerful!!! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant! We looked at Jupiter the other day too and were so amazed to see one of the bands and the 4 moons! Its inspiring isnt it! :icon_eek:

Im curious how sort of close up you observed Jupiter? As we have similar spec telescopes. I think yours comes with more lenses out the box though :D

We have some new lenses though so Im eager to see what can be seen now.

Porl''

P.S. can you aim that leaf blower across towards burton on trent please? :evil6: haha

Just done my first observation with the new telescope and have been viewing Jupiter. At first could only see three of her moons and was puzzled as to where the other one was, then realised it was probably in front of the planet, but just had another look and all four are there. I was amazed that I could see her bands as I didnt think my lenses were powerful enough.

Absolutely chuffed to bits...and everso slightly hooked!

Hi bobbyowl, in case you don't have it try downloading Stellaruim, just set it to your location, really handy for conformation of observations amongst many other things.

http://Stellarium.org

Alan

Archived