New Skywatcher Catalogue

Deneb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That EQ7 is :icon_eek::eek::D there are going to be a lot of EQ6's for sale in the near future!

Yes, because a person would need to sell a lot of EQ6 mounts to afford an EQ7. lol

Seriously, though, I'm confused by talk of the EQ7 as the successor to the EQ6. It's going to be 4-5 times the price of an EQ6. Surely they're different classes of mount; is the EQ7 not to the EQ6 what the EQ6 is to the HEQ5?

Personally, 4000 Euros makes the EQ7 well out of my price range (hell, that's more than my dome will cost, and possibly more than my ACCD on top!), as would the fancier telescope that such a mount would demand.

Pages 37 & 40 mention about GPS modules, and GPS upgrade option. But you have right there is not a GPS unit if this is what you mean.

I was just surprised that the new synscan tour handset doesn't have an integrated GPS module and you still need to plug in an external GPS unit, it seems to have everything else lol. It does have a Bagua and Feng Shui feature, like that will be really useful ! :icon_eek:

I was just surprised that the new synscan tour handset doesn't have an integrated GPS module and you still need to plug in an external GPS unit, it seems to have everything else lol. It does have a Bagua and Feng Shui feature, like that will be really useful ! :)

Perhaps it's a matter of cost. Does a GPS module bump up the cost? Any way it is a question why Skywatcher has not an external GPS unit for telescope bases too.

I am told that the new EQ7/8 (which ever number they decide upon) is really designed to be a permanently based Observatory mount, rather like the Celestron CGE PRO. Although both come with tripods, the amount of time and manpower required to set one up in the field make them impractical for most people on a normal basis. I was also told that the UK price of the EQ7/8 is expected to be around the £3,500 mark.

• 3 months later...

Archived