NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horse head Ha mono - start of a project

MartinB

This was taken the night before last.

The moon was one day off full and directly over Orion so even with a 7nm Ha filter it was making it's presence felt. 15x15mins with a Baader Ha filter.

I want to add some more Ha on a darker night and then go for the colour.

Scope: Tak FSQ 106 with 0.77 reducer

Camera: QSI 532

Captured calibrated aligned and combined in Maxim. Finished in PS. I have blended in a long focal length HH image from last winter

post-12794-133877512392_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. Never had an image described as "opulent" before Ron. Well chuffed with that one!

Didn't have to do much with Alnitak Olly. There is a filter halo which you can still see but is a little reduced using a selection and a bit of work with levels and curves. I applied a tiny bit of reduction and sharpening but all very gentle. Was pleased that it still shows as a split double.

Thanks guys

Martin,

Shaping up very well with no intrusion from the bright starts in the foreground. You say it's the start of a new project; what are you going to do next?

Regards

Martin

Just got another 2 hours of Ha tonight before the cloud rolled in. Next up will be colour on a moonless night. Lots of blue to pick up the areas of reflection nebulosity

Archived