SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

lunar eclipse

redfox1971

Could see it perfectly from my bedroom window right up til about 7.40 when it vanished behind a large bank of cloud :)

Wife was looking at it for a few moments then diving back under the duvet upon one viewing she said " oh look its totally eclipsed now " to which my reply was "yes but only by cloud !! "

Most disappointing !!

How long do we have to wait for the next Lunar Eclipse ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my son were out watching the eclipse, he was in awe of it lol. We stood there like a pair of lemons at the side of the road, me in my fluffy pink slippers, in freezing -deg temp watching the moon. The things we do for our kids eh :)

Saw it off and on from just on 6.40 until just before 7.40 when I was on the bus to work. Typical the bus on a morning faces south and east so lots of neck twisting. Looked amazingly crisp and sharp was well impressed - nice pink/red colouration as well

All my family managed to see it this morning in crystal clear skies. Managed to get the scope out but it was just as impressive with the naked eye. Some great pixs posted on this thread. Liked yours esp breakintheclouds.

Total cloud here in Texas in the wee small when the shadow fell on the moon. I suppose it's like the inevitability of clouds when new gear arrives. Usually the skies are clear and bright around here. Maybe one night in 30 is cloudy, and we all know it had to be LAST night.

Well, I suppose it went ahead and eclipsed without me there to witness it. You don't suppose it's a government plot or a terrorist's scheme do you?

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Took the dog out at 6.30. Sky was totally clear:cool:. I had a superb view of the eclipse from start to more or less the finish, the last few minutes I struggled to see any detail, only viewed it naked eye, as sunlight had taken over. As a beginner in astronomy I was really happy to observe such an event, made it worth dealing with the cold :)

Alan

Archived