NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My New Years Resolution is...

chrisp

... to stop trying to get old tired equipment to work and to dip into my wallet occasionally instead.

Ive spent too much time trying to fix things when I should be observing and imaging and having fun.

How about you?

To spend more time planning ahead as to what to observe - I sometimes waste too much time during sessions scrabbling around seeking "targets of opportunity" and to be more systematic whilst observing so as to get the most out of the rare sessions.

My new year's resolution is to get a wireless Xpad working again. I had one working earlier then it gave me troubles, and I thought I would never go near one again. But, they are very cool, and my wired one has packed in, I think it may not like snow :/

To take EVERY opportunity to observe no matter how small, especially if the weather next year is going to be anything like this year's cloudless drought which has left many of us thirsty at the eyepiece.

As this is traditionally the time of year to think of others, I'm going to try harder to involve myself in a lot more public outreach projects in order to share my kit and some of the views it shows. It is all to easy to forget how many people have not had the opportunity to see Jupiter, Saturn, M13 etc for 'real' at the eyepiece and even easier to keep it all to myself - now if the great man in the sky is listening, that's got to be worth a few more mince pies surely? :):D

James

To spend more time planning ahead as to what to observe - I sometimes waste too much time during sessions scrabbling around seeking "targets of opportunity" and to be more systematic whilst observing so as to get the most out of the rare sessions.

I'm with you on that one.

Archived