NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium 0.10.6 crashing freezing

Coco

My recent up-grade to Stellarium 10.6.1 has gone horribly wrong, it keeps locking up and crashing, ive un installed and removed past history on the Stellarium system folder but doesn't make a difference, Ive even rolled my pc back (system restore) to the day before and that now crashes on 10.5.0 ?

Am using XP pro..

Any thoughts :)

I have the latest version 0.10.6.1 freeze on me twice so far and only a reboot releases the laptop (Toshiba i7 running Win 7 64-bit) even Ctrl/Alt/Delete doesn't unlock it. I haven't see a pattern yet as I was just dragging the sky around looking at moon set times when it happened

Don't know much about stellarium specifically but if what you have tried doesn't work, and it is only stellarium that crashes, ie the rest of the pc is ok then i would next try a registry cleaner. There is an ok one in crapcleaner or perhaps you could use registry mechanic, it will only clean some of the minor issues unless you pay for it, but in the list it finds there may well be a mention of stellarium which you could manually delete. It is after these steps that I get ratty as my pc knowledge is exceeded and I look for help.

HTH

hi guy

after you have uninstalled stellarium

Try

click on start

click search

click all files and folders

type in stellarium in the top box

click search

all the files it finds will be on the right hand side you can delete

you will lose all your settings you had in your old stellarium

steve

hi guy

after you have uninstalled stellarium

Try

click on start

click search

click all files and folders

type in stellarium in the top box

click search

all the files it finds will be on the right hand side you can delete

you will lose all your settings you had in your old stellarium

steve

Cheers.. tried but did nothing... I'll try a reg cleaner. :)

My recent up-grade to Stellarium 10.6.1 has gone horribly wrong, it keeps locking up and crashing, Ive un installed and removed past history on the Stellarium system folder but doesn't make a difference, Ive even rolled my pc back (system restore) to the day before and that now crashes on 10.5.0 ?

Am using XP pro..

Any thoughts :)

I haven't used XP Pro so bare with me. At start up you want to go in to safe mode usually F8 before logo screen (just keep taping) this should then give you options of safe mode, safe mode with network etc. Pick safe mode and load as normal. Once the OP has loaded don't be concerned if desktop isn't sharp etc as the drivers will not have loaded. Go in to control panel choose to add/remove program then select stellarium from list and remove. If this doesn't work open program files and uninstall from stellarium program option. Once uninstalled reboot and this should have got rid of all stellarium files causing your problem. Then just re-install stellarium 10.5.

I haven't used XP Pro so bare with me. At start up you want to go in to safe mode usually F8 before logo screen (just keep taping) this should then give you options of safe mode, safe mode with network etc. Pick safe mode and load as normal. Once the OP has loaded don't be concerned if desktop isn't sharp etc as the drivers will not have loaded. Go in to control panel choose to add/remove program then select stellarium from list and remove. If this doesn't work open program files and uninstall from stellarium program option. Once uninstalled reboot and this should have got rid of all stellarium files causing your problem. Then just re-install stellarium 10.5.

Done this :)

Didnt work,also stripped out C:\Documents and Settings\Guy\Application Data\Stellarium files.. my XP work computer (at work) has no issues going over the top of 10.5 so i'm beginning to think it will be my fancy graphics card drivers :p

Sorry COCO I'm all out of ideas ????? There are un-install programs on the market that will completely delete a program but not many advise these as the mess with the registry. All I can say is keep on loading V10.5 and un-installing in safe mode or try the same with the V10.6.

Did you try contacting the writer at Stellarium to see what they thought as it may be a bug????

Archived