Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milkyway goof ups.

Walked up to the moors on Tuesday night to get a shot of the milkyway with my Merlin GoTo but as soon as i got there the freezing fog rolled in and everything turned orange from the town lights behind me.

The image is "straight out of the box",no tweaking.

The second one i got a 3 minute exposure but it had a surprisng amout of light pollution, i meant to take an exposure with the mount turned of so i didnt have a blurry foreground,guess what,i forgot...doh.

Error #2,there was a small light from a farmhouse which i didnt think would make too much of an impact,how wrong could i be,it looks like ET has just landed.:D

I blame it on the cold because it was -13 and a wee breeze when i got to the top of the moors which kinda numbed my face a little.

IMG_2433flickr.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

That 2nd pic is well worth a reshoot Stewart, with a sharp foreground it would be a stunning image. The glow from the distant farmhouse doesn't really bother me because it's falls on the centre line of the frame and I'm sure you could tone it down anyway.

Goodonya for getting out there in such harsh conditions, it's really paying off for you.

I like both of those shots for very different reasons.

I do not know why, but I wasn't expecting the second one :D the SUMMER constellations and snow at the same time.

Lovely, there's a lot of mileage in shots like these - please take more !

Ant

Even with the issues you have the images, they are really great !!!

as JonH says if the second image had the sharpness for the foreground like the first that would be a sweet shot!

What camera and Lens was used?

Archived