Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Remind me never to do Panoramas again hehe

Technobill

Ok Well it has taken me days to process this panorama. I must remember not to get caught up in the excitement of the day and get carried away as it leads to days of processing afterwards :)

The original size is much bigger than this, but can only upload certain sizes. I will put the bigger one on my site. Billy D's Front Page

The only problem with panoramas is that you have to take the good panels with the bad panels.

Regards

Bill D

post-15970-133877504697_thumb.jpg

Gorgeously done!! You should be very pleased!!

Thanks

You must know what its Like, you spend so much time looking and tweaking and cussing, you are almost over it by the time you are done. But it did turn out better than my last one.

Seemless :)

You are not looking close enough ;-)

Very nice Bill, the large image is great.

What is the odd bit on the limb at around 4 oclock?

Cheers

Ant

Yeah its pretty interesting it was a definate conical shape. I saw it there when I was taking the shots for the panno, but forgot to go back later and take another look. I will check out the original source vid for that section see if I can tease out any more detail.

Bill D

Wow! That full size image on your website!!

Thanks, I was lucky with that one.

The problem with panoramas, especially one with that many pannels is that its a bit hit and miss as to how well it will turn out. T takes several says to process all the files only to find that some sections are a bit blurry or even worse you missed a bit

I will keep trying though, They are a good source for shrinking them to get a more detailed smaller shot.

Great shot.

Thanks Kev.

That's a gorgeous mosaic, well done.
WOW, that's an amazing image!

Thanks alot.

I must be a glutton for punishment. A while back I did a huge 40 panel mosaic of the moon 6500 x 6500 but was never able to align and blend it. Recently bought a new 64bit machine with alot more ram and finally got that assembled. But the moon is sooo boring compared to the suns's ever changing features.

I think at my next opportunity I will try a time lapse anim of an interesting feature of the sun. Don't hold your breath though. Last year we were in a 15 year drought and now that I have an interest in the sun, the drought has broken (not a bad thing) but we are now in flood hehe. Had to cancel next weekends astronomy camp because the site is currently under water, it has been wet for the last 5 days and rain predicted until at least tuesday next week.

Oh well cant complain, the garden looks great.

Billy D's Front Page

Archived