Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Name a star

Venus_is_my_friend

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon that the £$ whatever price my mates wife got the star (supposedly :) ) named after her for was good value in how happy it's made her ;).

It's a scam for sure, but there are a lot worse out there, and these sort of things have been going on, and will continue, for ever.

In the middle ages it was 'the bones of Saint ...(insert name).

Cheers

Rob

I reckon that the £$ whatever price my mates wife got the star (supposedly :) ) named after her for was good value in how happy it's made her :(.

It's a scam for sure, but there are a lot worse out there, and these sort of things have been going on, and will continue, for ever.

In the middle ages it was 'the bones of Saint ...(insert name).

Cheers

Rob

Yeah Rob, I can see the "feelgood value" of it, but, I just love taking the mick out of stuff like this. ;)

Not meaning to give anyone a hard time.

If it's any consolation, my favourite targets are the young lads who work for me, they've all got apple laptops that they can't work. :D:D:D trust me, hours of cynical jokes, so much time on me hands with nothing better to do LOL

How can they sell land on the Moon - how could, for example, the perfect site for a lunar base be made off limits to space agencies because someone has a piece of paper saying they paid £30 for it? I bet if NASA were planning another Moon landing, they wouldn't include 'Is this area of land owned by someone who paid for a novelty present?' on their criteria for choosing a site...

I'm sure that we could make money at the Astronomy Centre by "selling" stars but our loss of integrety with the astro community makes it unthinkable. We do, however, do our best to locate stars for those who have had them as presents and I have to say, the gratitude from some who have lost dear ones in tragic circumstances, is quite humbling.

Archived