Please allow me to introduce myself...

Gary Parkerson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opening line to Sympathy for the devil. Stones.

...I thought I might have heard that somewhere. But alas, I'm not "a man of wealth and taste," nor, it would seem, all that quick on the uptake.

Thanks for the welcome Ronin...if not for the reminder that I'm older even than Stones;-)

Gary

Nobbytate, Brendan of Borg, Ronin, John (glowjet), Janine (F64), SwadBaggie, Polydoros, John (Rusty Strings), James (JBM1165), Bizibilder, Doug, Kevin (BeyondVision), Tim (TJ), Mick (Doc), Ant, Chris (cgarry), JohnH, Celeste, Astro Baby, li'l John, Capricorn, Martin, Brantuk, Steve (Paxo), Bigstu, and CGolder,

Thank you all for the welcome. I live in an area of the U.S. Deep South that is especially devoid of fellow astronomy enthusiasts, so a warm welcome from so many others who actually share this affliction was unexpected and singularly appreciated here.

I'm still learning my way around your community, but am already enjoying my early visits immensely.

Thanks again.

Gary

Welcome to our friendly little corner of the world Gary ;)

Out of interest, which were the pictures you received the link to?

Cheers

Tim

I was the one that shared these pics taken and posted by Euan:

http://stargazerslounge.com/photography/119091-intruder.html

I thought they were really cute in the context of giving a new twist to the concept of "CATSEYE Collimation". :):D

bunnygod1? I hope there's a story behind that name - it's sure to be a great one.

And thank you Joanne. I'm new here, but have been heavily involved in the equipment side of astronomy for some time. This community has already proven welcoming, generous and, as you say, informative. I'm learning quite a lot and thoroughly enjoying my time here.

Thanks again.

Gary

Archived