Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally found it....M31

rll1288

Busy day today and forgot to put the scope out to cool down....:)

So I thought lets try the new, cheap Lidl Binoculars that I got which was mentioned in earlier posts....... Right I thought lets see what I can and learn something......

Must say although cheap they seem pretty well collimated and had some sharp clarity.......

After sometime looking at Jupiter I got the laptop out and tried to see if I could fnd M31.....Blow me I could just make out a very, very faint outline which I am sure was it.....

Just wished I could have got to view it through the new OTA,,,

Ah well....next time

m31 is pretty cool through binos, I remember finding it through 10x50 binos and I was amazed to see it in them, I recently bought a pair of 15x70, now that is an amazing site, I was out doing a bit of outreach last week so I put the binos on a tripod and put them looking to m31 to give the people a look and all I could hear was WOW and WHOO, pretty cool stuff:D

I finally found this last night, too. It was hard because it was almost at the zenith which made it difficult looking through the finder and my Telrad was too dewed up to use. It took a while to get the scope in the correct vicinity and then I saw it a couple of times before I realised I'd actually found it. For something that's visible to the naked eye I expected to be able to see a bit more detail through a 10" Dob. I switched from a 32mm EP to a 12mm but it was still just a small smudge. Still pleased I found it though.

m31 was my first dso, its a great feeling to see it.

I now keep going back and would love to see it through a bigger scope

I first observed M31 with a 120mm frac and just saw a smudge.

But when I got my 10" Dob, WOW... I could see the arms extended and the dust lanes, Amazing :)

Archived