NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m45

cardconvict

taken last night thought i would have a go and see what the canon 500d full spectrum cls ccd clip in could do, this is my first try on m45 and i'am still trying to get my head around processing but at the min this is the best i could do.

10 x 10min subs with darks flats and bias, stacked in dss and processed in ps5

5089451749_c02c88ff13_z.jpg

Lovely - loads of Nebulosity, but as you said in your PM - the red channel appears to be down because you've lost your star colours.

Do you want to post some screendumps of the R G and B histrograms to see if we can work out what's going on??

Steve

ok i have started back to the begining on this one right from dss played around with it all day and i think i got the settings where i want them, and instead of processing it in photoshop i thought i would have a go at pixinsight le, what a difference i think from now on that i will carry on using pixinsight as my main processing program and try to learn more about it.please tell me what you think ?

5094212415_8e12ce2a91_b.jpg

Lovely image. Speaking of Deep Sky Stacker, can you please give us some detail on how you solved your problem? I was using that program yesterday to stack shots of the double cluster, and I too was struggling to find the red in my stacked image even though it was clearly there in the individual light frames.

Lovely image. Speaking of Deep Sky Stacker, can you please give us some detail on how you solved your problem? I was using that program yesterday to stack shots of the double cluster, and I too was struggling to find the red in my stacked image even though it was clearly there in the individual light frames.

do you use a modded dlsr with a ccd clip in filter that is the only time i have issues with colour when using this filter i will let you know what the settings are when i get home from work

ok then the settings i have been using maybe no good then, after your image has stacked in dss go on to the saturation tab in dss and apply +17, that may do the trick and then finish of in photoshop or any other program you have. that is what i do with most of my images.

One way to more colour (I learned this from MartinB and use it a lot) is to go into Lab colour in Ps and on the a and b channels just push the contrast hard using Image-Adjust-Brightness and Contrast. Try +20 or even 30. If it is too much jst paste the new onto the old and adjust opacity.

Noels Actions for Ps also have an excellent Increase Star Colour.

Olly

What an excellent M45. It's a wonderful reprocess, especially since you've done the whole thing in PI (must have been a very steep learning experience!). Some more subs would really improve the noise and ease processing but you already know that!

Robert

Archived