Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just about to get to bed after taking a few images of Hartley and noticed a green glow over the lighthouse, set the Canon up again and was amazed to see Aurora, green defuse glow, red and green curtains, this went on for about 2 hours. Nice to see again, been a few weeks since the last Aurora.

Canon 1000D

18mm F3.5

30 sec

Tripod

John

post-15115-133877490264_thumb.jpg

Excellent shot John,we haven't had anything of note in Caithness,mind you the cloud has been an almost permanent fixture

for weeks with only the odd clear night.Hopefully tihngs will improve or its going to be a long winter.

Thanks for the replies, should be out looking up as it is a great clear sky BUT someone has agreat BIG spot light shinning straight :( up so not much point.. We have had some good clear nights over the past few days, slight high cloud but clear. The wind is the big problem up here, so until I get the Dome in place It has to clear and calm, lol will be out after 01:30am when the street lights all go out :(

John

Just looking for a bit of software for JPG to AVI, just for messing with Comet images.

Very nice, not had an aurora sighting up here in northern Aberdeenshire since I moved up, but I live in hope that this winter might just provide a result.

I think the odds are very much in your favour.There's no guarantees but i would be very surprised if you didnt get a decent display or two.

Archived