NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kielder drainage !!!

beamish

I'm in Northumberland right now and it's raining heavily with flood warnings. However the weather forecast for next week is starting to look quite good. As long as the water drains away it might be quite nice.. fingers crossed!

Hi Karlo

Ian and I will be there from tomorrow and will try and post (if we can find a connection) on the situation underfoot (or under water, whatever), so you'll know whether or not to wrap your feet in plastic bags. I'm leaving on the Thursday (family holiday - i.e. poor planning) but Ian's there for the week. Hope you have a good weekend.

Cheers, Martin

Hi Karlo

Ian and I will be there from tomorrow and will try and post (if we can find a connection) on the situation underfoot (or under water, whatever), so you'll know whether or not to wrap your feet in plastic bags. I'm leaving on the Thursday (family holiday - i.e. poor planning) but Ian's there for the week. Hope you have a good weekend.

Cheers, Martin

Cheers Martin ! If you don't get a chance to post or can't, leave a message on my mobile ( pm to you) and i can then post up on the board !

Shame about you leaving on Thurs- we should get up there for about 2:30 /3pm so I guess we'll miss you ?

Karlo

New drainage channels have been dug and pipes unblocked, but it makes sense to come prepared. This is a dark and at times wet place and the campsite is where it is. Hopefully a few drier days weather should help.

I'll be there Tuesday.

Clear skies

Richard

Archived